Canberra Hospital - Rehabilitation, Aged and Community Care (RACC) Services
ACT Health’s Rehabilitation, Aged and Community Care (RACC) service offer acute medical care and rehabilitation care at Canberra Hospital and Calvary Hospital.
Our programs aim to maintain or improve independence and function, and assist both older people and people who have sustained traumatic injuries to live independently.
RACC services provided at the Canberra Hospital include:
- Geriatric Specialist Outpatient Services,
- Rehabilitation Specialist Outpatient Services,
- Acute Care of the Elderly (Ward 11A),
- Ortho-geriatric (Ward 11B),
- Rehabilitation Ward (12B),
- Exercise Physiology Department.
- Acute Rehabilitation - Ward 12B
The Acute Rehabilitation Ward 12B, has a team consisting of Rehabilitation specialists, ward doctors, nursing staff and allied health staff including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, clinical neuropsychologists, speech pathologists, dieticians, pharmacist.
Rehabilitation is an approach, an attitude and a process involving the specialised techniques and interactions of members of the Rehabilitation team.
An individual rehab plan is developed for you in the Acute Rehabilitation Ward by all team members, in consultation with the you, your family, carers and significant others.
The Acute Rehabilitation Ward 12B is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Allied health staff work on the ward Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (excluding public holidays).
Admission to the ward is based on patients meeting certain criteria and pre-admission assessment, this is determined by the Rehabilitation Specialist.
|Weekday: ||24 hours - open now as at 12:42 PM EST|
|Weekend: ||24 hours|
|All Public Holidays: ||24 hours|
- Rehabilitation Outpatient Clinic - Building 15
This clinic is staffed by experienced Rehabilitation Physicians who will provide a specialist consultative service for a range of disabilities occurring in association with medical conditions. This is a free service.
To access this specialised service you will need a referral from you General Practitioner (GP) or other doctor. All referrals are to be faxed to the Community Health Intake (CHI) on 62052611.
Certain eligibility requirements exist for accessing the Rehabilitation Outpatient Clinic. These requirements can be obtained through contacting the clinic administrator directly.
|Weekday: ||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM - open now as at 12:42 PM EST|
Other services at Canberra Hospital - Rehabilitation, Aged and Community Care (RACC) Services
- Acute Care of the Eldery (ACE) - Ward 11A
- Exercise Physiology Department - Building 15
- Geriatric Medicine Outpatient Clinic - Building 15
- Ortho-Geriatric Medicine - Ward 11B
* These times are indicative only. Please call the service prior to your departure to confirm the availability. Please call ahead in after-hour periods or on public holidays. ACT Health attempts to provide accurate and up to date opening hours information for the public, however if you feel that this information is incorrect please contact the ACT Health Services Directory Administrator at HSD.Admin@act.gov.au to have this amended.
New Canberra Hospital visiting hours
Visiting hours at Canberra Hospital have changed to 0600 to 2100, except for Mental Health and the Alcohol & Drug Service.
For serious illness or injury requiring urgent attention, call 000 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department.
Coughs, colds, sprains, rashes - your local pharmacist can give you expert advice on many health issues.
For free expert advice and reassurance 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call healthdirect 1800 022 222, or for the one-off treatment of minor illnesses and injuries seven days a week from 7am-11pm, see a specialist nurse at our Walk-in centre.
For ongoing comprehensive healthcare for everyone, including those with acute problems, children under two years and those with complex medical problems, see this listing of GP's by suburb.
For credible health information by category from Territory, State and National healthcare and health-related organisations, visit the link below.
South Eastern New South Wales
For a complete list of hospitals and health services in the South East region of New South Wales, see this listing from NSW Health.
Register your health service now
To register your service and/or provider information into Find a Health Service, please complete the online forms below:
Alternatively, send an email request to HSD.Admin@act.gov.au