Canberra Hospital - Canberra Region Cancer Centre
The Canberra Region Cancer Centre, located at Canberra Hospital, commenced service delivery on Monday, 18 August 2014.
The Canberra Region Cancer Centre is a world class health care facility that brings together cancer treatment and related services in one purpose built facility. It is a project of the Health Infrastructure Program.
The main entrance to the Canberra Region Cancer Centre is located on Level 1, at the northern end of the facility. Access is available from Level 1 of the mulit-storey Southern Car Park, and via Building 3, Level 1 of Canberra Hospital. Access to Radiation Oncology is through the Canberra Region Cancer Centre.
The new centre facilitates improved cancer treatment and other related services in the ACT and surrounding region by drawing together and integrating services, research and teaching programs within a single, five-storey building, which adjoins the existing Radiation Oncology building.
- Radiation Oncology
The Radiation Oncology Department at Canberra Hospital provides comprehensive state-of-the-art radiotherapy treatment services including external beam, HDR brachytherapy, superficial radiation treatments and LDR (seed implant) prostate brachytherapy treatment options.
Radiation therapy treatment involves initial consultation with a radiation oncology staff specialist, computerised tomography simulation for localisation of the region to be treated, treatment planning and delivery of the treatment course and progress checks.
For many types of cancer, radiotherapy is the only treatment given, but it is also often used in combination with other forms of treatment, such as surgery and/or chemotherapy (anti-cancer drugs).
The Radiation Oncology Department is committed to providing a high-quality cancer management. The team consists of highly skilled Radiation Oncologists, Radiation Therapists, Nurses, Physicists and other allied health professionals.
Cancer Service locations within Canberra Hospital are:
Radiation Oncology: Building 3, Level 1
Oncology Pharmacy: Building 19, Level 3.
Bone Marrow Transplant: Building 19, Level 4
Oncology Outpatients: Building 19, Level 2
Haematology Outpatients: Building 19, Level 2 + 4
Building 19, Level 2.
|Weekday: ||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM - open now as at 10:28 AM EST|
Other services at Canberra Hospital - Canberra Region Cancer Centre
- Canberra Hospital Residences
- Look Good Feel Better Support Group
- Lung Cancer Support Group
- Medical Oncology
- Multidisciplinary Team Breast Cancer
- Multidisciplinary Team Head and Neck Cancer
- Multidisciplinary Team Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma
- Multidisciplinary Team Lymphoma
- Multidisciplinary Team Upper Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Cancer
- Multidisciplinary Team Uro-Oncology
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Adolescents & Young Adults
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Breast Cancer
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Head & Neck Cancer
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Lung Cancer & Mesothelioma
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Lymphoma Cancer
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Non-Tumour Specific
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Upper Gastrointestinal & Colorectal Cancer
- Nurse Care Coordinator for Uro-Oncology Cancer
- Oncology Pharmacy
- The Palliative and Supportive Care Team
* These times are indicative only. Please call the service prior to your departure to confirm the availability. Please call ahead in after-hour periods or on public holidays. ACT Health attempts to provide accurate and up to date opening hours information for the public, however if you feel that this information is incorrect please contact the ACT Health Services Directory Administrator at HSD.Admin@act.gov.au to have this amended.
New Canberra Hospital visiting hours
Visiting hours at Canberra Hospital have changed to 0600 to 2100, except for Mental Health and the Alcohol & Drug Service.
For serious illness or injury requiring urgent attention, call 000 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department.
Coughs, colds, sprains, rashes - your local pharmacist can give you expert advice on many health issues.
For free expert advice and reassurance 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call healthdirect 1800 022 222, or for the one-off treatment of minor illnesses and injuries seven days a week from 7am-11pm, see a specialist nurse at our Walk-in centre.
For ongoing comprehensive healthcare for everyone, including those with acute problems, children under two years and those with complex medical problems, see this listing of GP's by suburb.
For credible health information by category from Territory, State and National healthcare and health-related organisations, visit the link below.
South Eastern New South Wales
For a complete list of hospitals and health services in the South East region of New South Wales, see this listing from NSW Health.
Register your health service now
To register your service and/or provider information into Find a Health Service, please complete the online forms below:
Alternatively, send an email request to HSD.Admin@act.gov.au