Belconnen Community Health Centre
The Belconnen Community health Centre model of service recognises the importance of placing people at the centre of care. The emphasis is on bringing together and connecting all aspects of each person’s treatment, involving individuals and their families in decision-making throughout the care and treatment journey.
Community Health Intake (CHI) offers a single point of entry for residents of the ACT who wish to access Health Services in the community.
Our staff will help you by:
- Giving information about our services;
- Confirming your eligibility for each service;
- Making appointments and
- Referring on to other services.
Our staff will answer your calls from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Paediatric & Child Health Services - Community Paediatrician
ACT Health offers a Community Paediatric Service. The Community Paediatrician provides specialised services to families concerned about their child’s development. This includes physical, intellectual and social-emotional aspects of childhood development.
The service comprises a team of Child Health Medical Officers (CHMOs) and Community Paediatricians who operate out of the Belconnen Community Health Centre, Gungahlin Child and Family Centre, Tuggeranong Community Health Centre and the City Health Centre.
Referrals are essential. For information on access, appointments and eligibility for this service, clients should phone Community Health Intake (CHI) on 6207 9977 between 8:00am and 5:00pm weekdays.
ACT Health provide a Community Paediatric and Child Health Service to families who are concerned about their child’s development. This includes physical, intellectual and social-emotional aspects of childhood development. The service operates from different health centre locations across Canberra, and it employs Child Health Medical Officers (CHMOs) and Community Paediatricians.
|Weekday: ||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Other services at Belconnen Community Health Centre
- ACT Pathology Collection Centre - Belconnen
- Asthma Support Service for Children, Youth & Families
- Belconnen Mental Health Team
- Chronic Disease Self Management Courses
- Community Care Nutrition - Adult Health Weight Program
- Community Care Nutrition - Heart Fare Program
- Community Care Nutrition Service
- Community Care Physiotherapy
- Community Care Podiatry
- Community Care Podiatry - Footsure Program
- Community Care Social Work
- Community Health Intake (CHI)
- Community Nursing Services & Link Team
- Community Rehabilitation Team (CRT)
- Continence Physiotherapy & Continence Promotion Centre - Bedwetting Clinic
- Continence Physiotherapy Service
- Dental Services for Children, Youth & Adults
- Immunisation Services for Children, Youth & Women
- Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Nursing Services, Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Booked Clinics
- Mental Health Mobile Intensive Treatment Team (MITT) North
- Nurse Audiometry for Children
- Nutrition Service for Children, Youth & Families
- Orthoptic Secondary Screening for Children & Babies
- Paediatric & Child Health Services - Child Health Checks, Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Drop-in Clinics Nurse led Clinic/s nursing service services
- Social Work for Parents & Families
- Women's Antenatal & Postnatal Physiotherapy
* These times are indicative only. Please call the service prior to your departure to confirm the availability. Please call ahead in after-hour periods or on public holidays. ACT Health attempts to provide accurate and up to date opening hours information for the public, however if you feel that this information is incorrect please contact the ACT Health Services Directory Administrator at HSD.Admin@act.gov.au to have this amended.
New Canberra Hospital visiting hours
Visiting hours at Canberra Hospital have changed to 0600 to 2100, except for Mental Health and the Alcohol & Drug Service.
For serious illness or injury requiring urgent attention, call 000 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department.
Coughs, colds, sprains, rashes - your local pharmacist can give you expert advice on many health issues.
For free expert advice and reassurance 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call healthdirect 1800 022 222, or for the one-off treatment of minor illnesses and injuries seven days a week from 7am-11pm, see a specialist nurse at our Walk-in centre.
For ongoing comprehensive healthcare for everyone, including those with acute problems, children under two years and those with complex medical problems, see this listing of GP's by suburb.
For credible health information by category from Territory, State and National healthcare and health-related organisations, visit the link below.
South Eastern New South Wales
For a complete list of hospitals and health services in the South East region of New South Wales, see this listing from NSW Health.
Register your health service now
To register your service and/or provider information into Find a Health Service, please complete the online forms below:
Alternatively, send an email request to HSD.Admin@act.gov.au