Belconnen Community Health Centre
The Belconnen Community health Centre model of service recognises the importance of placing people at the centre of care. The emphasis is on bringing together and connecting all aspects of each person’s treatment, involving individuals and their families in decision-making throughout the care and treatment journey.
Community Health Intake (CHI) offers a single point of entry for residents of the ACT who wish to access Health Services in the community.
Our staff will help you by:
- Giving information about our services;
- Confirming your eligibility for each service;
- Making appointments and
- Referring on to other services.
Our staff will answer your calls from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Belconnen Mental Health Team
The role of the Adult Community Mental Health Teams located in Belconnen is the provision of specialist mental health assessment and treatment services by multi-disciplinary teams of medical and non- medical clinical staff. Treatment approaches are based on best available clinical evidence with an emphasis on positive outcomes that are tailored to an individual consumer's needs.
High risk assessments are managed taking into account the specific circumstances and the response indicated. Consultation services to General Practitioners are provided at each Team. On receipt of the GP referral for consultation, an appointment is made. For referrals for ongoing care with low to moderate risk, an assessment will be made by a mental health clinician. The assessment will be considered by the multi-disciplinary team who will communicate with the General Practitioner on the outcome. Liaison with community agencies as well as General Practitioners will occur.
The Adult Community Mental Health Teams primarily provide services to the residents of their local area. Under the principles of the 'no wrong door' approach, teams will respond to all presentations and facilitate assessment and referral to the appropriate area or service. The Adult Community Teams provide information and education on mental illness including treatment options and co-ordination of care with community agencies. Recovery principles guide the working relationship with consumers, carers and other stakeholders.
The Adult Community Mental Health Teams primarily provide services to the residents of their local area. Under the principles of the 'no wrong door' approach, teams will respond to all presentations and facilitate assessment and referral to the appropriate area or service.
The Adult Community Teams provide information and education on mental illness including treatment options and co-ordination of care with community agencies. Recovery principles guide the working relationship with consumers, carers and other stakeholders.
This service is not open on weekends or public holidays. All out of hours or crisis calls to be made to 1800 629 354 (FREE CALL) OR 6205 1065. Please select the website for further information on mental health services provided by ACT Health.
|Phone: ||02 6205 1110|
|Fax: ||02 5124 5534|
|Weekday: ||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
- Mental Health Mobile Intensive Treatment Team (MITT) North
Clinical management of first presentation psychosis and consumers with complex mental health needs. After hours medication supervision for adult mental health consumers in their homes and management of group homes for mental health consumers.
The Mobile Intensive Treatment Team North (MITT) has the following main functions:
- Clinical management of first presentation psychosis and consumers with complex mental health needs.
- Provide after hours medication supervision for adult mental health consumers in their homes.
- Manage group homes for mental health consumers.
All services provided by MITT North are limited to those mental health consumers living in the City/ Belconnen Mental Health regions.
Please select the website for further information on mental health services provided by ACT Health.
|Weekday: ||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
Other services at Belconnen Community Health Centre
- ACT Pathology Collection Centre - Belconnen
- Asthma Support Service for Children, Youth & Families
- Chronic Disease Self Management Courses
- Community Care Nutrition - Adult Health Weight Program
- Community Care Nutrition - Heart Fare Program
- Community Care Nutrition Service
- Community Care Physiotherapy
- Community Care Podiatry
- Community Care Podiatry - Footsure Program
- Community Care Social Work
- Community Health Intake (CHI)
- Community Nursing Services
- Community Rehabilitation Team (CRT)
- Continence Physiotherapy & Continence Promotion Centre
- Continence Physiotherapy Service
- Dental Services for Children, Youth & Adults
- Immunisation Services for Children, Youth & Women
- Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Nursing Services, Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Booked Clinics
- Nurse Audiometry for Children
- Nutrition Service for Children, Youth & Families
- Orthoptic Secondary Screening for Children & Babies
- Paediatric & Child Health Services - Child Health Checks, Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Drop-in Clinics Nurse led Clinic/s nursing service services
- Paediatric & Child Health Services - Community Paediatrician
- Social Work for Parents & Families
- Women's Antenatal & Postnatal Physiotherapy
* These times are indicative only. Please call the service prior to your departure to confirm the availability. Please call ahead in after-hour periods or on public holidays. ACT Health attempts to provide accurate and up to date opening hours information for the public, however if you feel that this information is incorrect please contact the ACT Health Services Directory Administrator at HSD.Admin@act.gov.au to have this amended.
New Canberra Hospital visiting hours
Visiting hours at Canberra Hospital have changed to 0600 to 2100, except for Mental Health and the Alcohol & Drug Service.
For serious illness or injury requiring urgent attention, call 000 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department.
Coughs, colds, sprains, rashes - your local pharmacist can give you expert advice on many health issues.
For free expert advice and reassurance 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call healthdirect 1800 022 222, or for the one-off treatment of minor illnesses and injuries seven days a week from 7am-11pm, see a specialist nurse at our Walk-in centre.
For ongoing comprehensive healthcare for everyone, including those with acute problems, children under two years and those with complex medical problems, see this listing of GP's by suburb.
For credible health information by category from Territory, State and National healthcare and health-related organisations, visit the link below.
South Eastern New South Wales
For a complete list of hospitals and health services in the South East region of New South Wales, see this listing from NSW Health.
Register your health service now
To register your service and/or provider information into Find a Health Service, please complete the online forms below:
Alternatively, send an email request to HSD.Admin@act.gov.au