Belconnen Community Health Centre
The Belconnen Community health Centre model of service recognises the importance of placing people at the centre of care. The emphasis is on bringing together and connecting all aspects of each person’s treatment, involving individuals and their families in decision-making throughout the care and treatment journey.
Community Health Intake (CHI) offers a single point of entry for residents of the ACT who wish to access Health Services in the community.
Our staff will help you by:
- Giving information about our services;
- Confirming your eligibility for each service;
- Making appointments and
- Referring on to other services.
Our staff will answer your calls from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Dental Services for Children, Youth & Adults
The Dental Health Program Adult Dental Service provides a range of dental treatment to ACT residents who are the primary holder of a current ACT Centrelink issued Pension Concession or Healthcare card.
Belconnen Dental Clinic is located at the Belconnen Health Centre, Corner Lathlain & Cohen Streets Belconnen. This clinic provides general and emergency dental services to children and youth as well as Adults. The clinic is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
Emergency dental services are available Monday to Friday (except public holidays) to all eligible clients of the dental health program who require urgent dental treatment.
For urgent dental treatment, you can phone the clinic first, saving time and possibly an unnecessary trip. You do not need to come in to a clinic in person. All clients will be assessed over the phone and those with the most urgent problems will be offered an appointment. Clients with non-urgent dental needs will be placed on a waiting list.
Limited after hour’s emergency dental treatment is available at the Phillip Dental Clinic on Saturday mornings for Adults, Youth & Children.
For weekend and public holiday emergency care, please contact 62051653 (recorded information line only).
The Child & Youth service provides children and young people with the following dental services:
- Comprehensive assessment;
- Oral health plans based on individuals' needs;
- General preventative and restorative treatment;
- Emergency treatment.
|Phone: ||02 6205 1088|
|After hours: ||02 6205 1653|
|Saturday: ||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Weekday: ||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Other services at Belconnen Community Health Centre
- ACT Pathology Collection Centre - Belconnen
- Asthma Support Service for Children, Youth & Families
- Belconnen Mental Health Team
- Chronic Disease Self Management Courses
- Community Care Nutrition - Adult Health Weight Program
- Community Care Nutrition - Heart Fare Program
- Community Care Nutrition Service
- Community Care Physiotherapy
- Community Care Podiatry
- Community Care Podiatry - Footsure Program
- Community Care Social Work
- Community Health Intake (CHI)
- Community Nursing Services
- Community Rehabilitation Team (CRT)
- Continence Physiotherapy & Continence Promotion Centre
- Continence Physiotherapy Service
- Immunisation Services for Children, Youth & Women
- Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Nursing Services, Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Booked Clinics
- Mental Health Mobile Intensive Treatment Team (MITT) North
- Nurse Audiometry for Children
- Nutrition Service for Children, Youth & Families
- Orthoptic Secondary Screening for Children & Babies
- Paediatric & Child Health Services - Child Health Checks, Maternal & Child Health (MACH) Drop-in Clinics Nurse led Clinic/s nursing service services
- Paediatric & Child Health Services - Community Paediatrician
- Social Work for Parents & Families
- Women's Antenatal & Postnatal Physiotherapy
* These times are indicative only. Please call the service prior to your departure to confirm the availability. Please call ahead in after-hour periods or on public holidays. ACT Health attempts to provide accurate and up to date opening hours information for the public, however if you feel that this information is incorrect please contact the ACT Health Services Directory Administrator at HSD.Admin@act.gov.au to have this amended.
Select an after hours health service category:
New Canberra Hospital visiting hours
Visiting hours at Canberra Hospital have changed to 0600 to 2100, except for Mental Health and the Alcohol & Drug Service.
For serious illness or injury requiring urgent attention, call 000 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department.
Coughs, colds, sprains, rashes - your local pharmacist can give you expert advice on many health issues.
For free expert advice and reassurance 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call healthdirect 1800 022 222, or for the one-off treatment of minor illnesses and injuries seven days a week from 7am-11pm, see a specialist nurse at our Walk-in centre.
For ongoing comprehensive healthcare for everyone, including those with acute problems, children under two years and those with complex medical problems, see this listing of GP's by suburb.
For credible health information by category from Territory, State and National healthcare and health-related organisations, visit the link below.
South Eastern New South Wales
For a complete list of hospitals and health services in the South East region of New South Wales, see this listing from NSW Health.
Register your health service now
To register your service and/or provider information into Find a Health Service, please complete the online forms below:
Alternatively, send an email request to HSD.Admin@act.gov.au