HP3 Personal Upgrade Scheme
Health Professional Level 3 Personal Upgrade Scheme for the Recognition of Excellence
The HP3 Upgrade Scheme seeks to recognise and reward the efforts of eligible Health Professional Level 3 staff across the ACT Government and Calvary Health care Bruce who have achieved excellence in skills and competence through post-graduate study, research, project management, education and/or skill acquisition relevant to their profession and service.
Successful applicants are rewarded via salary advancement to HP3 Pay Point 4 and one year later to Pay Point 5.
The HP3 Personal Upgrade Scheme was developed in 2006 in partnership with health professionals to recognise and reward those alied health professionals who demonstrate excellence beyond that required of their substantive HP3 position and who add value to their profession and workplace.
The Scheme was first implemented in 2006, is conducted annually and is formally incorporated into the current ACT Public Service Health Directorate (Health Professionals) Enterprise Agreement 2011-2013-clause C5.8. Please note: The ACT Public Sector Health Professionals Agreement 2013-2017 will be uploaded to this site once it is ratified by the Fair Work Commission.
|Download:||ACT Public Sector Health Professional Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 (PDF File - 2027k)|
The 2015 round of the HP3 Personal Upgrade Scheme for the Recognition of Excellence
The HP3 Personal Upgrade Scheme for the Recognition of Excellence will be conducted in 2015 in accordance with current Scheme guidelines.
The Scheme will be open to receive applications from Tuesday 10th March 2015 through to close of business Tuesday 30th June 2015.
Application forms, Scheme Guidelines and Referee report templates will be available at this site from Tuesday 10th March 2015.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
All prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to make contact with the Scheme Secretariat and to arrange a one on one appointment to discuss their eligibility to apply as well as their actual application.
Please note: The Scheme's continuance beyond 2015 may be subject to the outcome of the Scheme's review (see below).
Review of the HP3 Upgrade Scheme
The Scheme review is now complete and the final report is being prepared.
Parties that were invited to participate in the review process included staff from ACT Health, Calvary Health Care Bruce, Community Services Directorate, Education and Training Directorate and the Justice and Community Safety Directorate. Relevant unions were also included in the consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Scheme
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must be permanently appointed at the Health Professional Level 3, pay point 3, and
- Not be subject to current under-performance process, and
- Have served a minimum 12 months at HP3 pay point 3 within ACT Government Public Service and/or Calvary Health Care Bruce,or
- Have worked for 3 years as a HP3, or other jurisdictional equivalent.
Please note Any intention to claim eligibility to apply based on jursidictional equivalence should be discussed directly with the Scheme Secretariat well in advance of submitting your application.
Acceptance of jurisdictional equivalence is subject to assessment by the Assessment Panel.
What is Excellence?
Examples of excellence can include, but are not limited to, sustained activity in:
- Development, implementation and evaluation of significant and relevant project(s) or service change(s) that enhance the efficiency and and/or effectiveness of organisational service;
- Professional Leadership, through mentoring and fostering learning and development in others
- Formal Research, undertaking a significant research project which is relevant to their clients and workplace colleagues.
I have been in my position for a long time, shouldn't I get the upgrade automatically?
Length of service with the organisation does not necessarily imply excellence but it is important in terms of assessing an applicant's eligibility. To be eligible to apply to the Scheme an applicant must have been at HP3 pay point 3 for a minimum of 12 months or have worked for the previous 3 years as a HP3. Applicants considering making an application in 2015 and who have not been at pay point 3 for the required minimum 12 month period and who wish to claim eligibility on the basis of previous employment being at a HP3 equivalent level are asked to contact the Scheme Secretariat as soon as possible to discuss their application and eligibility.
I am on an Special Employment Arrangement (SEA)-can I still apply for the HP3 Upgrade?
YES- The HP3 competency paypoints, HP3.4 and HP3.5, are adjusted to reflect the relevant SEA provision.
I am really good at my job, I am on higher duties - does that mean that I'm eligible?
This scheme is for those who extend beyond what is required of their substantive HP3 position, and by doing so, contribute enhanced value and excellence to their profession and workplace. If you are wondering whether you are eligible, please review your Duty Statement and read this in conjunction with the Upgrade Assessment Criteria. If you believe your Duty Statement does not reflect your current role please discuss this with your manager.
- Any application that is submitted must be based on claims pertaining to the applicant's substantive HP3 position and not based on periods of higher duties.
- Applicants and their supervisor/manager are strongly encouraged to have a discussion prior to any application being prepared.
- Similarly, applicants are encouraged to discuss their intention to apply with their proposed referee.
- The Scheme Secretariat strongly encourages all prospective applicants to make a time to meet with the Secretariat to discuss their eligibility, the assessment criteria and the application format.
Contact Scheme Secretariat Sally Ranford, Office of the Chief Allied Health Officer on (02) 6205 2494 or Sally.Ranford@act.gov.au
Applications for the 2014 round of the HP3 Personal Upgrade Scheme for the Recognition of Excellence closed Monday 30th June 2014.